Saturday, March 13, 2010

Makansutra, Asian Food Marketplace

It's been almost two years since I've been to the Manila Ocean Park and when Sweetie suggested we have lunch there I readily agreed. Walking from the parking lot we noticed that the construction of the show area seemed to be almost done. I hope though they put a covered walk from the parking area to the entrance of the park since it could get very hot.

We were pleasantly surprised to see that the mall area had a lot of stores and there were a number of new restos (Starbucks seemed to be missing). An exciting addition to the mall is Makansutra Asian Food Marketplace. It got me really excited because I've been craving for mee goreng for sometime now and they had it in their menu.


The restaurant reminded me a lot about Makansutra Gluttons Bay and Marche in Singapore. It had a very similar set-up (except that it was indoors) and the beverage area was also separate. The menu had a long list of food that we ate when we were in Singapore (mix of Chinese, Thai, Indonesian etc.).



I got a plate of mee goreng. It tasted slightly similar to what I usually get in Singapore but it lacked oomph.


Sweetie got fish fillet with ginger sauce. It was good.

We also wanted to get some oyster omelet but it wasn't available.

Makansutra is now one of my favorite restos because they have authentic teh tarik!


Price Range: meals at PhP150, drinks PhP40 and above

Must try: teh tarik, I will have to go back and sample other dishes first before I make a food reco

For improvement: mee-goreng

Lakwatsera's Rating: I'll definitely go back

Makansutra, Asian Food Marketplace
is located at the Manila Ocean Park
behind the Quirino Grandstand.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna try that. I miss the food in Singapore :(

    Have you tried SHIOK in The Fort? Yummy yet cheap Singaporean/ Malay food.

    ReplyDelete