Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Longest Zipline in Asia (Xcelerator)

The first time I went on a zipline was in Cagayan de Oro 4 or 5 years ago. It was pretty scary since you had to go through the canopy walk and I did not expect that the crew had to swing me several times before they set me off (they said I was too light and I might not reach the end!). It was a dizzying experience since it was just me and the trees and the caves about a hundred feet below. I thought that would be the first and last time I would go on a zipline.

Fast forward to 2008 when we unexpectedly got the chance to try the zipline at Eden. I was pretty relaxed then because the line wasn't that long and I could see my friends at the end of the line. I even managed to take a video.

Last weekend, as part of the Davao F.A.T. (food appreciation tour), we had an adventure at the Xcelerator. The adventure was an out of this world experience since one had to cross the river (via a raft) and then do some trekking. It took me a long time to get to the platform since I had to take a lot of breaks. It was a totally satisfying experience (and more!).

Here's a video of my adventure:



Services:
Zipline per person: PhP300 (discounted when you go for a second round)
Teambuilding

Location:
Diversion Road, Maa
Across from The GAP Farm

Contact Number:
+(6382)224-5855
+(6382)271-6067

EMAIL:
outland _ adventure (at) hotmail DOT com

*Photo by Hana Belo

No comments:

Post a Comment