Saturday, March 21, 2009

Italiannis' Small Price for Big Lunch

I love pasta and Italianni's is one of my favorite places to dine in, that's why I jumped at the chance to sample their new big lunch promo menu.

They had 6 new dishes lined up for sampling, but I think the star of the night was the Costina Brasatta (braised ribs). It's loin back ribs braised in tomatoes and red wine, flavored with herbs and garlic and served with spaghetti alio e olio and grilled vegetables. According to chef Sonny Ong they bake the ribs for 3 hours! And you can literally brush off the meat from the bone. Ganun kalambot! 



I also loved the Pesci in Vino Bianco (fish fillet in white wine). The fillet was simmered in white wine and herbs and served with spaghetti aglio e olio and grilled vegetables. The fillet melts in your mouth!



Other dishes include: Pollo con Rucola (chicken with arugula), Manzo di Arrosto (roasted rib eye), Marinata del Manzo di Arrosto (beef pot roast) and the Spiedo del Pollo e Dei Pesci (fish and chicken skewer). I got bewitched by the first two dishes that's why I did not try the rest of the dishes, but my companions said that they were made in heaven too. 

My son was overjoyed with the dessert too. 



And I also loved the salad.



Price Range: PhP295 to PhP350

Italianni's has braches at the following locations: Gateway, Glorietta 4, Greenbelt 2, Greenhills, Libis, SM Megamall, Bonifacio High Street, Mall of Asia, Tomas Morato, Alabang Town Center and Trinoma. 

3 comments:

  1. They all look yummy! I should check it out... I enjoy dining at Italianni's too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love pasta ! everything sounds delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  3. always satisfied with food italianni's serve. a little pricey but worth it. pasta, salad, pizza, even drinks --- all great!

    however, a very recent bad experience in its greenbelt 2 branch made me lose 100% interest in this restaurant. service must be as great as the menu but i'd say the manager in greenbelt does not know what service means...

    ReplyDelete