Saturday, February 2, 2008

Leyte: I Shall Return


I was on a high when I got to Tacloban because it was my first time in the province! I completely forgot about the Leyte Landing Memorial and only remembered when the driver mentioned it. Good thing he volunteered to drive us there before proceeding to Ormoc and here are some photos:

That's me with 2 beauty queens Mutya ng Pilipinas Zara Aldana (also
formerly a PBB housemate) and Little Miss Philippines Lerma


I really thought that the monuments were by the seashore... apparently not. Gen. Douglas MacArthur's feet were also stamped on a concrete block.


Here's Leyte's interesting version of the padyak -


Yummy pasalubong: corioso and the famous Tacloban buko cassava. Too bad I wasn't able to get any of the Hopia de Pili.


I shall return!

How to get to Leyte: Take Cebu Pacific Air or Philippines Airlines - approximately PhP4,500 roundtrip

How to Get Around - there are taxi's, jeepney's at the airport and you can also try riding the padyak or tricycles

Where to Stay: Hotel Alejandro for less than US$20 per night

No comments:

Post a Comment