Saturday, February 2, 2008

Tacloban: Hotel Alejandro


I think Hotel Alejandro is the oldest hotel I've stayed in. Constructed from 1831 to 1832, the founders were Mr. and Mrs. Alejandro Montejo and the hotel showcases about 450 photos from the war and pays tribute as well to Gen. Douglas Macarthur (I even saw a letter his wife made for him). Now before you go thinking "ghosts!" I want to share that the place does have a historic feel in it. The lobby which houses a gallery of old photos was indeed charming and I'm sure it would pique the interests of history buffs.


We arrived at the hotel at around 10 in the evening but were welcomed by the service crew of Cafe Theresa for some drinks and fruits. The place was already decorated for Valentine's. The longganisa-sinangag-itlog breakfast would rival Vigan's and Lucban's longganisa. Charming place to hang out in.


Too bad we only stayed there for a night. I would've loved to go around and explore Tacloban a bit. I even missed seeing the San Juanico Bridge!!!

Hotel Alejandro
P. Paterno Street
Tacloban City
+6353-321-7033/321-7509 to 10

3 comments:

  1. wow ganda naman ng mga picturs mo sa hotel and sa luma niya ha it was very well maintained ^_^

    sayang hindi ko eto nakita noon pumunta kami sa Tacloban pero I saw the San Juanico Bridge doon kami 5am hinintay un sunrise ^_^ ang ganda talaga never will i forget that moment I was only 13y/o back then

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hometown also has a huge Pineapple farm... When you are coming to Malaysia, let us show you around too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah its beautiful because i am working in hotel alejandro .eheheh..Oct.20 celebration of leyte landing with the famous word "I SHALL RETURN" by GEN. DOUGLAS MAC ARTHUR..I AM OFFERING CITY TOUR IN AN AFFORDABLE PRICE IN TACLOBAN CITY..AHEHEH..HALFROMANTIC_HALFCUTE@YAHOO.COM EMAIL ME FOR MORE DETAILS..THANKS...NICE BLOG BY THE WAY..

    ReplyDelete