Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cagayan de Oro, the City of Golden Friendship

I had a grand time in Cagayan de Oro last month most especially since my good friend Honey brought me around after work. I probably gained a couple of pounds after a weekend in CDO, the city of Golden Friendship.

Here's what I enjoyed:

(1) Going to the Del Monte pineapple plantation in Bukidnon.


Read more at my Pineapples! Pineapples! and more Pineapples!

(2) Park Cafe - winded down with a drink at CDO's main street after having a foot massage.


(3) Ban Sabai - relaxing foot massage.


(4) OIC - Only in Cagayan for coffee and a meet-up with IT practitioners.


(5) Panagatan - ahhh this is where I probaby gained 3 pounds in one sitting


(6) Candy - and this is where I gained 2 pounds just by eating dessert and pizza.


(7) Divisoria - every Friday the main street is closed for a street market and barbecue-ing.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing... I found you through the Blogger link :) I'll be visiting this blog because it takes me home.

    Good job and keep it up...
    Jeannie Hizon

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, just couldn't let one of your comments pass.

    FILIPINO is our national language, but it is the same as Tagalog, and I have Linguistic evidence to back that up. You can even go to the Summer Institute of Linguistics and ask, or probably check the ethnologue.

    A Filipino speaker can converse with a Tagalog speaker (mutually intelligible) and they would understand each other without formal training. That's the basis of "having the same language, but different dialects."

    A dialect is a variety of a language. FILIPINO is definitely a variety of Tagalog (coz it's Tagalog-based).

    Now, when you said "tagalog is just one of the dialects of RP," you're way too wrong, as Tagalog, like Cebuano, Kapampangan, Waray, Cuyonon, Meranaw, and the other Philippine languages, are full blown language (again, i have linguistic evidence to prove this, even KOMISYON NG WIKANG FILIPINO accepts them as Pinoy languages) and it would be bothersome if you won't accept linguistic correction.

    Even KOMISYON NG WIKANG FILIPINO tags FILIPINO and Tagalog as the same.

    Cheers,
    Jason
    Kapampangan

    ReplyDelete