Friday, July 22, 2022

Lakwatsera Pa Rin Ako!

I remember the day my friend, Sasha Manuel, took my photo against the beautiful beach front in Bohol. We were with blogger friends and hung out by the beach after our early morning attempt to see dolphins. I was trying to get a tan when Sasha told me she'll take my photo. I indulged since we were just relaxing anyway. 


Photo by: JayDJ


I know I haven't been updating this blog. Got super busy with work and didn't really have the time to blog. I told myself though that I would eventually share about the places I've visited. When I started this blog I thought I'd just be blogging about places I go to locally, but my itchy feet brought me abroad too. Now that I'm retired I've been able to slowly go through my collection of photos and memories. I've started writing about those happy memories in An Apple a Day. I usually post about travel on Thursdays and Fridays.

My family recently visited Bohol again. It's a favorite family vacation place that's why we chose it as our first vacay venue. And since we were in Bohol, the nice beach front reminded me of the Lakwatsera Ako cover photo. I jokingly told Sweetie we should recreate the photo. Well, we did! The second attempt nailed it and this is me now 15 years after Sasha took the original photo. 


Then (2007) and Now (2022)


I'm still the same person, just "well rounded" now and battle scarred from medical issues. But you know, life is meant to be enjoyed and as long as I can I'll continue to make happy memories with family and friends.   

Coming up: Happy tummies in Bohol!

No comments:

Post a Comment