Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dumaguete Pasalubong: Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries

Sansrival. Must get! That's what my Ninang Jane told me when I told her I was going to Dumaguete. She also made sure I'd stay a stone's throw away from the store. I had less than a day in Dumaguete so I prioritized it in my list of "must-sees".


I had my chance to go in the afternoon after my gig, so I went straight to Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries near Hotel Nicanor. The charming shop is also just a few meters away from Rizal Boulevard. I was planning to get some take out only, but when I entered the shop I knew I had to sit down and experience dining there. Aside from the cakes and pastries, what drew me was the shop interior. I can't describe it exactly, but I'm just amazed at the ceiling lamps!



Anyway, I got a bit hungry and got some silvannas. They were awesome! And how I wish I had a huge stomach so I can eat more!


The waitress giggled when I ordered for a slice of braso de mercedes since I was still eating the silvannas and had another plate of cheese roll waiting to be devoured. Anyway, I nomnomed the braso de mercedes and just had the cheese roll wrapped since I wanted to go to Rizal Boulevard before sunset.


And for pasalubong I got a box of sans rival. I just told the cashier that I was going to travel back the next day, so she made sure my sans rival was wrapped in tin foil so I can easily take it home. A box just cost PhP299. I had it placed in the hotel's freezer so it wouldn't melt (had to pay additional PhP50 for it though).

My merienda (a bottle of coke, cheese roll, 2 silvannas and a slice of braso de mercedes) cost me less than a hundred pesos. I wanted to sample more stuff, but my tiny tummy prevented me from doing so.

Sarap!

Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries
San Jose St.,
Dumaguete City
(saw also a branch at Robinson's)


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment