Friday, September 25, 2009

Bacolod: Grand Regal Hotel


I thought I wasn't going to push through with my trip to Bacolod, but luckily manage to free up my time so I proceeded with my trip. Ended up staying at Grand Regal Hotel where the event was held. Everyone was billeted there too.

Grand Regal Hotel is located in one of Bacolod's busiest streets. Across the street is Gaisano Mall and just 2 blocks away is the Bacolod Planta Hotel (where I was supposed to stay). Anyway, the room at Grand Regal Hotel was just right and I didn't have to leave the TV on to lull me to sleep.

Cafe Masskara is the resto located at the lobby area of the hotel. I had 3 meals there -

Uber late lunch, spaghetti bolognese -



Breakfast, longganisa -



Lunch, beef stroganoff -



I have a theory, longganisa made in Luzon is made of yum, but the farther you are from the region the worse it tastes, so I guess this is the last time I'm ordering longganisa outside of Luzon. The spaghetti bolognese and beef stroganoff were unexpectedly flavorful and servings were big. I wasn't able to sample any dessert though. Maybe next time :)

Must have: beef stroganoff

Can do without: longganisa!

Food price range: approx. PhP200 (with drinks already)

Room rates: Promo (PhP999), Superior (PhP2,000), Suites (PhP3,500 - PhP10,000)

Wifi access: Free, but don't count on it

The Lakwatsera's Rating: hotel staff were friendly but service was slow, good thing the food made up for the long wait

Grand Regal Hotel (map)
Araneta Street, Singcang,
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
+63(34) 432-2888/433-2276/434-9208/432-0888/708-5888
grandregalhotel_bacolod (at) yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment