Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Portico

Spot.ph Series: Bloggers Food Tour
Restaurant: Portico
Place: Serendra

I've been having difficulty making posts about the bloggers food tour organized by Spot.ph since we had to visit about 18 establishments on the first day at the food tour at Trinoma and 24 establishments at the Bonifacio High Street and Serendra. It was a mean feat to accomplish! Anyway, I'm determined to blog about each and every establishment I went to and hopefully I'll manage to share my "reaction" on the food the we sampled.

Last week I had the privilege of going back to Portico and I thought of starting off this series of Lakwatsas with my Portico experience.



Among all the establishments I might say that my favorite "spot" at Serendra is Portico. Here's why:

1. The cheese fondue is THE appetizer to order. I love cheese so dipping bread on melted cheese is heavenly delight. Sweetie and I ordered it when we went out on a date last week and we almost licked the bowl clean (it would've been bad manners so we wiped the bowl clean with bread).

2. THE main course to order is the "pork barrel". Oh such cardiac delight! Ooops, I mean it was just perfect since it wasn't oily and crispy and chewy at the same time. I would've wanted the regular Mang Tomas sarsa to go with it though.

3. It was during our visit that Sweetie and I managed to eat dessert since we were so full during the bloggers food tour. We got the cream brulee and I just really had to ask Sweetie how they managed to make the caramel thin and perfect for the leche-flan-custard-like dessert. My tonsils are quite sensitive, but the cream brulee was the perfect dessert to order.

Other must-haves at Portico: salbicho pizza and the tofu filled omelet.
Can do without: fried chicken (too dry) and the mango fruit shake I had was overrated and maasim

Price range: PhP500/person and just share dessert with someone

Place good for: romantic dinner, dating, meetings

The Lakwatsera's Rating: Definitely going back but must save up for it

No comments:

Post a Comment