Thursday, June 23, 2016

Adventure Down Under: Sydney Fish Market

I love seafood and I especially love eating grilled scallops!

We had the chance to try visit the Sydney Fish Market and found out that seafood was very affordable and fresh at the dining area. After taking a 20-minute walk from our hotel we were so famished we ended up ordering a lot of stuff.


We decided to order the family package so we could try out different types of seafood -


The big winner for me though was the scallops (which James bought from another store). The scallops were gigantic! It's the biggest scallop I've tried in my entire life. What was surprising though was the scallop had rice on it as well so it was a meal in one bite! What probably made the scallop really delicious was the cheese that they used.



After the sumptuous meal we walked around the Fish Market to check out what else they had to offer. They had a wide array of fresh seafood from fish, shellfish, giant lobsters and crabs, sea urchin, octopus and other things which I did not know could be eaten.





The market also had a few shops selling cooking related items, fruits/vegetables, bread, coffee etc. I had wanted to go back for dinner but the place was only open until 4pm on weekends and until 3pm on weekdays so we didn't have a chance to go back.

The hefty meal cost us around AUD100, so average of $25/head.


2 comments: